Lens Day Wednesday: History

Since I suggested "history" as a topic
for this week's LensDay Wednesday,
I just had to play along.

I've talked about the Farm Security Administration's
collection of photos taken during the Great Depression.
FSA hired amazing photographers
to document the hardships faced by Americans
during this historic era, particularly those in rural areas.

Some of these photographers are not well-enough known.
One of these is Marjory Collins (1912 - 1985).

Project Occupant in Trailer Camp for African Americans
tending his Victory Garden - photo by Marjory Collins

I didn't find readily available biographical 
information about her online,
 so I'll have to let the photos speak for themselves. 



Little girl saving Sunday paper for paper drive
during World War Two - photo by Marjory Collins



These photos all come from the Library of Congress
photo collection and are in the public domain. 

Comments

Interesting photos! I was not familiar with the FSA or their effort to document the Great Depression. Great post!...Debbie

Popular posts from this blog