52 Photos Project: Water Droplets



This week's theme for
is water drops.

Plenty of those falling
 out of the sky right now. 
They beat a soft snare drum sound 
all night on the skylight in my bathroom.
Somehow, those water drops 
seem most suited for soaking into the garden
than capturing with my camera.
I'll bless them, of course,
but leave them to do their job.

Which is to create shots like this one.

"Ballerinas" ©2011 Meri Arnett-Kremian


I got up early one morning 
when the sun had broken through the clouds,
remnants of the previous night's showers,
and went out
camera in hand
to meditate through the view finder.

Looking up
looking down
there was magic
all around me.


Comments

Anonymous said…
How pretty those are! The variation in color is nicely enhanced by the raindrops. Great capture!
Anonymous said…
So fresh! Nice capture!
Wonderful photo - love the soft colors.
Sandy K. said…
It has been raining a lot here, as well, but the flowers aren't cooperating near me right now. Soon! I love close-up work. THank you for the lovely purple reverie.
Karen Lakis said…
Beautiful pastels - and you captured the raindrops perfectly.
Lynne Wilson said…
There's not much more beautiful than the combination of flowers and rain drops! Perfect.
annie said…
Love the photo and your comment that go along with it!
Katrin Klink said…
Beautiful, especially the 'ballerinas' description!
Bella Cirovic said…
Meditate through the viewfinder. I love that.
Beautiful submission to {waterdrops}

Popular posts from this blog